Breakfast… Lunch… Dinner… or Snack!
This veggi-wich is simple and quick to make. Plus it’s full of all those good vegetables you’ve been missing.
- Handful of lettuce (oops… I took the picture too soon)
- Your choice of bread, wrap, or bowl (I prefer to use Ezekial or pumpernickel but we ran out. So I opted for a slice of my friends homemade bread).
- Spread (I prefer my homemade avocado spread and sometimes use a dab of mayo
Healthy Snacks 4 Fuel
These are just a few of my favorite healthy snacks to fuel up after my workout.
- Lemon Blueberry Granola
- Nut Butter To-go packs (the one above taste just like cinnamon Teddy Grahams and this snack is perfect for that sweet tooth fix)
- String Cheese
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Freeze Dried Fruit (small portions due to sugar content)
- Carrot Sticks
- Cherry Tomatoes
Roasted Squash, Zucchini, and Spinach Bowl w/ Plain Greek Yogurt & Spinach Dip
- Fresh or Frozen Squash
- Fresh or Frozen Zucchini (frozen tends to turn mushy)
- Fresh Spinach
- Spices: salt, pepper, basil, oregano
In a skillet add EVO and fry squash, zucchini, and spinach together. Add spinach closer to the end so it doesn’t wilt or burn. Season and serve! The dish is simple and quick. Plus it’s not drenched in seasonings.
Greek Yogurt & Spinach Dip w/ vegetables
- Red, Green, and Yellow Peppers
- Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
Cut peppers into small pieces. Use food scissors to cut fresh spinach into small pieces. Add all ingredients to a cup of plain Greek yogurt and use leftover peppers for dipping. Or grab a cucumber or celery and enjoy! The crunch from the peppers, cucumbers, and celery will fight off your cravings for chips. And the dip is just yummy!
Tofu eggs with fried potatoes and a banana
While I typically won’t fry up potatoes in a frying pan for breakfast, I do on occasion make them when I am in need of extra carbs after a workout.
Also, let’s be real… carbs are not bad for you if you eat them in moderation!
- 1 cup of Tofu (I like to use firm)
- 1/2 cup diced red, green, orange peppers
- Diced onions
- Diced tomatoes
- 1/4 of cheddar cheese
- 1 small potato (or 3 mini potatoes)
- 1 Banana or cup of yogurt
Steam peppers and onions in frying pan until tender. Add tofu and scramble with other ingredients in the frying pan. You can add Tumeric for the yellow color, but I use cheddar cheese and it blends nicely to give the tofu that signature egg color.
In a separate frying pan, heat up EVO or coconut oil (I use both). Add diced potato and fry until crisp.
Plate your tofu eggs and fried potatoes. Add a banana or cup of yogurt. And don’t forget the ♥ Franks Red Hot!
☺ TACO TUESDAY!
- 1lb. ground beef or turkey
- Taco Seasoning (I like to make my own but will use packaged when short on time)
- Lettuce or spinach (washed and chopped)
- Diced onions, tomatoes, green/red peppers (toppings)
- Shredded Taco Cheese
- Sour Cream
Cook the beef or turkey until done. Drain and add seasoning.
Fun part… start layering your taco bowl. Add lettuce/spinach, taco meat, toppings, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Finish with salt & pepper! ♥ ENJOY